Re: (PM) Mysterious death?

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:00:01 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Timothy A. Gregory wrote:

> I've got 4 PM3s, all on Com OS 3.7.2c3, 2 ISDN, 2 with k56flex (which is
> showing up all 12 of my x2 racks, by the way) and one of my ISDN PM3s is
> giving me heartburn.
>
> Every once in a while - like every 2-3 weeks - it just dies. Dead. Can't
> telnet to it, can't ping it, it's not taking calls, nothing. The power is
> still on, and if you look at the little lights on the back it looks ok.
> Nothing short of turning off and on at the power switch revives it. Then
> it comes up clean and runs for a few more weeks like nothing is wrong.
> The other PM3s I have have never done this, but this one has done this
> since I got it, and through a few Com OS upgrades.

As others have said, call support about this.

I'd take one of your PM3s with modems, pull all the cards out, and put
them into the ISDN only chassis. Then swap the units and reconfigure as
necessary.

If the unit with modems dies, then it's probably time to get a new
chassis. If the ISDN only unit still dies, then it's probably a
configuration or PRI line problem

Brian