(PM) Re: [jack.rickard@boardwatch.com]

Jack Rickard (jack.rickard@boardwatch.com)
Sat, 21 Feb 1998 14:26:16 -0700

[The following text is in the "ISO-8859-1" character set]

So how do you count calls made from a K56flex modem, to a K56flex port,
that result in a NON-PCM session - a V.34 session. In other words, how to
you differentiate between V.34 sessions from V.34 modems, and V.34 sessions
from K56 modems that failed to establish a PCM session?

----------
> [...]
> total of 43433 analog calls handled by our PM3s out of a total 73,034 of
> calls overall. I have provided the SQL scripts so anyone may reproduce
> these stats for their equipment. The scripts are written based on the
> Emerald/RadiusNT database, but they should be fairly easy to modify for
any
> ODBC version of RADIUS. We wouldn't trade our PM3s for anything! We
install
> them and forget about them. We can focus on making our customers happy
> instead of figuring out why people can't connect.
>
> -Robert
>
> TotalCallsOverall
> -----------------
> 73034
>
> TotalPM3Calls
>
> -------------
> 43433
>
> TotalPCMStartRecords
> --------------------
> 5622
>
> ConnectCount ConnectSpeed Percent
> ------------ ------------ --------------------------
> 9 34000 0.16
> 42 36000 0.74
> 158 38000 2.81
> 77 40000 1.36
> 1062 42000 18.89
> 1533 44000 27.26
> 2105 46000 37.44
> 65 48000 1.15
> 566 50000 10.06
> 4 52000 0.07
> 1 64000 0.01
>

> TotalPCMStopRecords
> -------------------
> 5401
>
> ConnectCount ConnectSpeed Percent
> ------------ ------------ --------------------------
> 12 34000 0.22
> 199 36000 3.68
> 208 38000 3.85
> 204 40000 3.77
> 1917 42000 35.49
> 1471 44000 27.23
> 978 46000 18.10
> 66 48000 1.22
> 344 50000 6.36
> 1 52000 0.01
> 1 64000 0.01
>

> Here are the SQL statements:
>
> DECLARE @TotalCallsStart INT, @TotalCallsStop INT
>
> SELECT TotalCallsOverall = COUNT(*) FROM Calls WHERE AcctStatusType = 1
>
> SELECT TotalPM3Calls = COUNT(*) FROM Calls WHERE AcctStatusType = 1 AND
> ConnectInfo IS NOT NULL
>
> SELECT @TotalCallsStart = COUNT(SUBSTRING(ConnectInfo,1,5)) FROM Calls
> WHERE AcctStatusType = 1 AND ConnectInfo IS NOT NULL AND
> CONVERT(INT,SUBSTRING(ConnectInfo,1,5)) > 33600
>
> SELECT TotalPCMStartRecords = @TotalCallsStart
>
> SELECT ConnectCount = COUNT(SUBSTRING(ConnectInfo,1,5)), ConnectSpeed =
> SUBSTRING(ConnectInfo,1,5), Percent = ROUND((CONVERT(MONEY,
> COUNT(SUBSTRING(ConnectInfo,1,5)))/@TotalCallsStart)*100,2) FROM Calls
> WHERE AcctStatusType = 1 AND ConnectInfo IS NOT NULL AND
> CONVERT(INT,SUBSTRING(ConnectInfo,1,5)) > 33600 GROUP BY
> SUBSTRING(ConnectInfo,1,5) ORDER BY ConnectSpeed

WHERE