Re: (PM) Host-Request Terminate cause inappropriately used (fwd)

Chad Scott (chad@txdirect.net)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 13:26:02 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Jason Hatch wrote:

> Since my upgrade to 3.7.2, I've noticed that the Host-Request terminate
> cause has been used where it is shouldn't be, particularly in place of
> Admin-Reset cause. For example, in the past, when I rebooted a portmaster,
> it would log disconnect reasons for each user logged in as Admin-Reset.
> Now it logs them as Host-Request. Another example would be when attaching
> to a port to manually configure a modem. After I use the telnet escape
> character to close the "attach" operation and do a "set debug 0x54" then
> show that port, it will show a "0 min - Host Request". If I attach to the
> port again and do close the port, I get another "Host Request":

This all depends on perspective. Admin-Reset is probably the more correct
entry to log, but using Host-Request isn't incorrect either. The host
*did* request the disconnection.

My first guess is that Lucent wanted some consistency in their disconnect
reasons, but I'm not in that loop.