Re: (PM) What other blunders could a new CT-1 present???

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 00:32:28 -0800 (PST)

On 20 Feb 1998, Mia's Virtual Post Office wrote:

> In light of the hell we always experience with Ameritech, including
> taking 3months to get a fxxxn CT-1,(Ameritech's Idea of 21 business days)
> I am curious, when the silly piece of rotten copper finally finds its
> way into our facility and into the dusty port of our overdue eval PM3,
> what other blunders do I have to look forward to from the people who
> invented ignorance?(Ameritech)... Our agent at Cyberlink has told us that
> our order includes instructions for the stoner children at Ameritech on
> how to provision the line semi correctly. However, in the past they have
> managed to make their own directions. Our PO stated that our order was
> contingent upon this line being up and running in 21 days(excluding
> weekends) yet Ameritech feels that 21 days is a lot longer than one would
> think. I realize that I am not without faults and I do not know
> everything, I am still a novice and enjoy being humbled, but it does not
> take a rocket scientist to figure out that when all of the infrastructure
> is already here, it should not take more than the push of a button or
> flip of a switch to have CT-1, especially when I have the cash, and would
> glady pay 5 years in advance to have the line here.
[..SNIP!]

> no one, and I mean no one will cross the boundary. Anyway, can some one
> let me know what else could possibly go wrong with the line once it is
> finally here?

So, did you *really* want an answer to this question? ;-)

> thanx,
> regards,
> Jer
>
> Ameritech, Our Link To Disaster

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/