Re: (PM) (RADIUS) socket still open after telnet connection closed. (fwd)

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:58:47 -0700

Oh I don't know about that.. people forget sometimes, especially when the
debug isn't spewing out much data at the moment. In fact I've done this a
thousand times. Then someone else can telnet into the Portmaster and,
without even logging on, see your debug input (be it packet traces, filter
stuff, etc).

On Tue, Feb 17, 1998 at 08:52:50AM -0800, MegaZone wrote:
> This really should be on portmaster-users
>
> Once upon a time Mark Salerno shaped the electrons to say...
> >Here's a strange little quirk we've noticed with our PM3's, using ComOS
> >3.7.2c3.
>
> This has existed since day one AFAIK - I first saw it in 3.1.2
> It isn't considered a bug, it is an artifact of the fact that 'console' is
> a logical construct in ComoS and is not tied to a telnet or serial port,
> etc. So if the telnet that had console goes away console is still there,
> and still spewing to the netbuf. So when some other telnet lands on it
> you start seeing the output. This doesn't happen if the command is
> properly terminated and console is reset. Note you can do this by
> leaving a debug running, etc.
>
> "It hurts when I do this." "So don't do that."
>
> -MZ
> --
> <URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, author, webmaster, human being, me
> "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men" 510-527-0944
> <URL:mailto:megazone@gweep.net> <URL:http://www.megazone.org/> Hail Discordia!
> -

 - Steve
  - Systems Manager