Re: (PM) Strange things.

Duncan Wilson (duncan@iform.com.au)
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 02:47:00 +1100

Use the debug command and in particular look at your PPP sessions. Also
get a little more information from your customers as to what error
messages they are receiving. I have tested several modems here in
Australia and get similar problems at 56k connections. See if they are
conecting with 56k modems or 33k6. If they are connecting with 56k
modems, get them to insert ,,, after the dial up number so it will
connect at v34. If this fails try a debug.

Use something like.

set console
set debug mdp-status on
set debug mdp-events on
set debug 0x51

at the end of debugging

set debug off
reset console

leaving debugging on fro a long time can cause your console port to
lock. If so simply do a
reset c0
from a telnet assuming you are using the serial port for debugging.

Duncan Wilson
iForm Australia
Total Internet Solutions
Ph: +61 2 93887777