(PM) Re: (RADIUS) socket still open after telnet connection closed. (fwd)

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 22:17:08 -0800 (PST)

On 17 Feb 1998, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> Yo MZ!
>
> On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, MegaZone wrote:
>
> > Once upon a time Mark Salerno shaped the electrons to say...
> > >Here's a strange little quirk we've noticed with our PM3's, using ComOS
> > >3.7.2c3.
> >
> > This has existed since day one AFAIK - I first saw it in 3.1.2
> > It isn't considered a bug, it is an artifact of the fact that 'console' is
>
> Boy, I can sure learn a lot from you MZ! If you can't fix it, feature it!

You left a bit of his reply out....he was partially (albeit maybe vaguely)
referring to the fact that if you type "traceroute" without any parameters
it terminates the previous traceroute command. This is also the reason
for the command (and the reference in our documentation) to *always* do a
"reset console" after doing any type of debugging in a console connection.

If you set the telnet session to the be the console ("set console") then
you have to expect it to behave just as if it was the console..

--jr

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/