Re: Lights for PM3 - Was Re: (PM) hubs w/ PM3s

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 21:56:13 -0700

On Fri, Feb 13, 1998 at 06:25:01PM -0600, Richard Stuplich wrote:

> We go weeks without even going into the equipment room. Get pmwho and

Yup, no point in it other than dull amusement.

> cron a job to get yourself a web page that shows pictures of the units
> with LEDs on them, where you think they should be, and then stare at that
> all day. Or wait for the JAVA client from Lucent.

Exactly.. just wait for the new Java PMconsole.

> Please, Lucent, do not waste your time on LEDs, they have no real value as
> far as I can tell.

Exactly.. just a few like for 10bT link status and ethernet activity and
power and T1 status is all that are needed.

> For the current price for a PM3 we are lucky they are made out of metal and
> have rack mounts! The units kick ass and are the best value around.

Yup =)

--
 - Steve
  - Systems Manager