Re: (PM) Dialing into PM3 gets no carrier ?

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:35:47 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, D R Hilton wrote:

> I just installed a PM3 with one channelized T1 and 24 digital modems.
> When I try to dial into the PM, I can hear the modem answer, but my modem
> does not attempt to negotiate. It just waits for a carrier until timeout.

Have you tried using another modem.. If the you hear the PM3 answering
then the PM3 itself is most likely fine.

If it is an older modem, try placing three commas (",,,") after the
dial-in phone number.

> I've have the local phone company on the line while trying. He says he
> does not see B8ZS from the PM, though it is configured correctly.

What does a "show line0" look like? (make sure you are using line0 and not
line1 if you have only one circuit attached, BTW).

Can you do an "attach sX" and have the PM3 dial back into itself?

> I'm waiting for a callback from Livingston (a day later now, and at 4:00
> PM, I doubt its coming before the long holiday weekend), and have an ISPs
> clientelle awaiting the promised 56k access.
>
> What might be going on, here?
>
> TIA
> - drh

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/