Re: Lights for PM3 - Was Re: (PM) hubs w/ PM3s

Garry Shtern (shterng@akula.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 19:35:52 -0500

At 06:25 PM 2/13/98 -0600, Richard Stuplich wrote:
>For the current price for a PM3 we are lucky they are made out of metal and
>have rack mounts! The units kick ass and are the best value around.
>
>We have a TCH and it sucks so bad I want to smash it with a hammer. It
>reboots all the time and to pay to get help for a unit we spent $28,000 for
>48 ports for (We got one of the first to do x2) is sick. Does 3com think
>we are just calling for fun and do not have a TCH when they ask for serial
>numbers and contract codes. What a f'd up setup. Do not patronize 3com by
>buying x2 hardware, ask about support... Think... Buy Lucent.

Oh chill, why don't you... We have TC hubs and we are incredibly happy with
them as well as thousands of other companies. Phone support is bad, but
you got to be a complete moron to rely on them for help, that is why there
are mailing lists. And if there is a hardware problem, just call tech.
support and ask them to send you a new part. Doesn't take a lot of brains
to do that.

Maybe the problems you are having with TCs are related to the fact taht you
probably do not know what the hell you are doing. Well in that case, it is
not 3com's problem, but your own.

Garry Shtern shterng@akula.com
Chief Network Administrator http://www.akula.com
Akula Communications Corp. tel. (212) 292-8892