Re: (PM) [2E30] Serial Line Load Balancing

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:47:41 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Mike Taylor wrote:

>Second, will MLPPP (MPPP, or whatever you wanna call it) be available for
>the PM2 anytime soon, for serial lines.

MZ said no, that it will never be available for the PM2 line, but it
will be available for the PM3 (and PM4 I presume) as of ComOS 3.8.
The PM2 apparently has insufficient hardware buffering to do proper
MPPP - one reason why they use their own proprietary version and haven't
done it before. For the PM3 it is different, the buffering is there, and
so is some of the code because its there for ISDN calls.

>Third, does anyone have an EQL type driver or port for winblows, that
>would actually allow my users to use SLLB.

No, but in addition to Linux, someone has ported the EQL driver stuff
over to FreeBSD. (At least that is what I hear) There are Windows
multi-line analog software drivers also. Its not true load-balancing
but it does allow for better than a single modem's worth.