Re: (PM) SNMP Manager?

John Breeden (radius@guarddog.comptime.com)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 11:29:11 -1000 (HST)

(Ref: Livingston mib V1.5)

Like I said, Livingston enterprise objects:

iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprise.livingston(1)(2)

contain *no* read-write objects ........

Acually, in V1.5, there's *no* object, in either mib-2 or the livingston
objects whos description indicates it will "reset a port"......

Which object are you doing a write to?

Are you changing ifAdminStatus? That's mib-2, not enterprise, its not a
"reset", it's a state change (might do a reset to *achive* the state
change - up to the implimentor).

Course, mib V1.5 could be out of date .......

-----
John Breeden
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii