Re: (PM) hubs w/ PM3s

Florian Lohoff (flo@mini.gt.owl.de)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:53:21 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Ing. Felipe Tribaldos wrote:

> E1's usually come in on COAX.

Hmmm ... this heavily depends on country and telco i think.
In Germany you get a box called "NTPM" wich is a "Network Terminator
PrimaerMultiplex" ... This box has a 4 Wire output which you only need to
connect to the PM3 Rj45.

> It is a Twinax COAX (One BNC is TX and the Other is RX).
> Electrical signal is called G.703 for CE1,PRI E1,etc.

G.703 does specify a physical connection ? As i remember it specifies
a framing type on any media in 64KBit/s channels.

> We use a E1 Balun which takes two BNC cables and outputs
> a RJ48 that goes into the PM3.
> RAD makes one called BE1.

Flo

--