Re: (PM) CT1 extensions?

Roy (garlic@garlic.com)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 04:11:04 -0800

If you can get the company "B" to set up a "tail" circuit correctly, you
should be able to get away with just plugging the wires together
(crossed over of course).

Company "B" has to derive clocking from Company "A" which is why they
have to set up as a tail circuit.

The next case is you have to add a "CSU" (not a CSU/DSU) between them.

The next case is you have CSU/DSUs looking at each other and a null V.35
cable between them.

If you can't get the T1 clocks to agree, you need something with a lot
more intelligence because you have to handle two different data rates.
Options include a router with two T1 serial ports (such as a Cisco 2501
or one of the IRX series). No ethernet required.