Re: More pet peeves (was (PM) PM3 and RJ45 with 4 wires?) (fwd)

Scott Rothgaber (scott@easley.net)
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 12:01:32 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Jake Messinger wrote:

> Also I NEVER leave manuals at the customer site. They ALWAYS get lost,
> removed, stolen, thrown away, no matter WHAT I tell them or WHERE I hide
> them. Some might disagree with me on this practice.

ABSOTIVELY! I once trekked 80 miles at 0200 to work on a dead BSDI server.
It was so bad that I decided to replace the disks and restore from tape.
The manual, the license (which I had stapled to the inside of the front
cover), the boot floppy and CD-ROM were all missing. Disgusted, I left the
server as-was and told the owner. NOBODY knew ANYTHING, of course.

Since that night, I have always taken everything with me.