Re: (PM) Question- Frac PRI

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 20:32:36 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Greg Saulsbury wrote:

> Question Gang...
>
> Today GTE installed another PRI for us... We requested a fractional PRI
> w/10 channels turned on. Supposedly that's what we got . When I do a
> "show modem" all 23 channels show to be on or idle. I was wondering if
> those 13 channels we didn't have turned on should be showing "no servcie"
> instead.

do a sh all to show port status this will tell you what ports are active
or not. Hmm maybe we should ask support for how things look in various
situations?

sh mo should only show the status of the modems... so you may see the
status of all the modems which doesn't equate to the port status.
remember the modems are not statically assigned but kind of rotate.

> Maybe they screwed up and turned all 23 on for us?! How can I tell
> folks? Love to get that lower bill from GTE for all 23 channels... if so
> next time we'll order a PRI w/1 channel turned on! Half of $1100/month
> would be cool!

LOL, if so, do NOUGHT complain ;) and here they can't 'backbill' so it's
on the date of discovery that they can start billing from.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood