Re: v.90 and K56Flex compat (was Re: (PM) modem compatibility (fwd))

NOT a LE employee (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 18:18:07 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, Thomas Tsai wrote:

> When exactly will the V.PCM upgrade be available for the PM3? According
> to http://www.3com.com/56k, 3COM products will be able to upgrade to the
> standard on 2/16/98.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAAH

*gasp* doesn't ANYONE read from the actual source that v.90 is ratified
by?

The 'standard' will not be voted into 'standard' status until Sept 1998 at
the earliest!!

And interoperability tests are still on-going.... not to mention, I
haven't seen whether or not they've closed the discussion on what will be
implemented in v.90... although there is some mention of 10 or 11 K56Flex
features/attributes and 1 X2 feature/attribute.

I'm hoping that we all realize this is MORE marketing bullshit to try to
push market-share up... Heck Rockwell already announced they are shipping
v.PCM or did they call it v.90 chipsets...

When it's ready it'll be ready... I personally want this to be done
properly and will wait until ALL interoperability and firmware upgrades
work. I HATE having to do tech support when none is necessary.

(Thomas, sorry for the rant, but this is the same sh^t over and over)

[inhales] hope everyone is having a nice day! And ComOS 3.7.2c3 on the
PM3 is quite nice! hehe No user of mines has even commented about
it...guess they didn't realize I had done it ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood