Re: (PM) modem compatibility

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 21:45:50 -0700

AND does V.90 have the v.8 noise at the beginning of the call? If not I'm
guessing V.90 modems won't mind it if it is still used for K56Flex backwards
compatibility (K56Flex compatibility better be in the Pm3 for a while after
v.90 - not very long needed but a litle while). Am I correct in assuming
this?

On Tue, Feb 10, 1998 at 11:56:48AM -0600, Richard Stuplich wrote:
> At 09:36 AM 2/10/98 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >Jake,
> >
> >When was the last time you saw a modem standard get ratified and within a
> >month or so everyone was compatible? I thought so......
> >
> >This will take between 3 and 6 months....
>
> This depends, *if* a new standard included inter operability with all old
> non standards then they would be immediatly able to use the new standard
> modems to connect.
>
> I heard such rumors about the V.90. Now I have no idea if this is true but
> I know I heard it.
>
> Now I think the real question was:
>
> What existing modems are compatible with V.90?
> IS x2 and K56Flex modems going to work with V.90?
>
> >Scott Winders
> >winders@netgate.net

> >> In a few weeks, EVERYTHING should be compatible what with the ratification
> >> of V.90.
> >
> >-
> >To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
> >'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.
> >

> Richard Stuplich Dick@dw.net
> IP Engineer and Unix administrator Dick@Stuplich.net

 - Steve
  - Systems Manager