Re: (PM) Routing Question?

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 21:41:29 -0700

You really should use OSPF since the version of RIP (1) which the
Portmasters support doesn't even support VLSM which can (but not always)
cause big problems - where each subnet in a network (Class-C, B, A) must
have the same subnet mask.

Basically:
- Setup OSPF on the PM3 (read the docs)
- Run it on the Ethernet
- Setup OSPF on the Cisco
- Run it on the Ethernet

Search the archives of this mailing list for details - I, as well as others,
have posted millions of articles on exactly now to configure the PM3 (and
even the Cisco in some cases) for OSPF for this.

All of my POPS and my network and PM3's and PM2's run OSPF and it works
great. A user with any static ip or subnet can log into any PM and have it
automatically routed to that PM - even if it's in another city.

--
 - Steve
  - Systems Manager