Re: (PM) OSPF Question ...

Scott Carpenter (scarpenter@assuredaccess.com)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 10:15:37 -0800

At 09:27 AM 2/9/98 +0100, Juergen Unger wrote:
>Hi !
>
>you don't get the point ... I've talked about routes which are
>_not_ active but needed because there are dial-out locations.
>If these routes are not announced, IP packets from the outside
>would never reach the system and an dial-out location would
>never be used.
>
>bye,
> -Juergen-Unger-

If the location is set to on demand then the routes should not go into a
unknown state, unless the gateway is invalid( the gateway is not directly
connected to the pm ).

the unknown routes will not be sent out, because they are not supported (
invalid gateway ).

routes with supporting ports will go out as external type 2 (if I remember
the livingston implimentation correct). If the routes are going as ext type
2 you can not have the area set to stubby(no eternals in, no externals
out), nssa(externals out, no externals in) will work fine.