Re: (PM) Long phone lines: X2 works, K56Flex doesn't??

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@usacomputers.net)
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 10:15:25 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Dick St.Peters wrote:

> An hour or so later I got an email from a guy saying he lives across
> the street from Mike and connects to his ISP with X2.

Just because he is across the street does not mean his phone takes the
same route. I have a customer that from his house can only get 9600. He
takes his laptop (same one used to get 9600) down the street (same block)
and can get 26400. Sprint said there is a bridge tap or something along
thoes lines on his block between the houses. Since they (Sprint) only
will supoprt 2400 he just surfs from work....

Another customer. Three phone lines same building, one is an original
line. The rest are new. Only the original line cane get above 9600. This
is out towards the end of an island.

Thomas Kinnen
USA Anime Archive : http://www.anime.usacomputers.net
Personal Home Page : http://www.sobhrach.com/