Re: (PM) SNMP question, resetting ports...

brently@vivid.net ("brently@vivid.net")
Sat, 07 Feb 1998 02:31:06 -0500

This only works for non-multilink ports. When you go multilink, they mess
with the port numbers...

We've written a program that monitors whos on and will bump multiple
sessions, overtime usage, etc, all through SNMP... the only hitch is the
multilink.

Livingston apparently hadn't realized what a cool thing that can be and
I've been told they've submitted an RFE about it. As soon as a I get a good
answer on the mppp port status, then my program will be complete.

BTW, all information thats gathered and checked and written, etc on my 4
pm3's takes less than a second though SNMP. Very efficient!

Brent

<radius@guarddog.comptime.com>