Re: (PM) PORTMAN

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 00:10:42 -0700

On Fri, Feb 06, 1998 at 08:31:31PM -0600, Richard Stuplich wrote:

> Why would you care if they are idle for 4 days if you never have less than
> 50 free modems. That is the point. Why give people crap about long

If you never go below 50 free modems then you have too many and are probably
expecting great growth in the very near future which means you will have to
worry about this soon.

If nothing else - it helps the user - often times they use the Internet on
their only phone line and it could be tied up for hours to days without an
idle timer.

> Yup, all weekend is fine with me. I have no less than 50 free modems in
> this pool all weekend. They will think, holy cow, my ISP kicks ass! I'm
> still on! No way any other ISP would do that. :-)

Why/how do you never have less than 50 modems free? :-)

--
 - Steve
  - Systems Manager