Re: (PM) PORTMAN

Amy (amy@internet-frontier.net)
Sat, 7 Feb 1998 10:11:19 +0800 (PST)

On Fri, 6 Feb 1998, Richard Stuplich wrote:

> I was wondering why we set an Idle time for people, at all, when we have
> free modems?

Because they don't stay free forever, and if your user went skiing for the
weekend, you're screwed until Monday.

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the user profile settings only
initialized upon connect? If you set the idel time to 0, and then later
you change it, only the next set of users to dialin would get the new idle
time, leaving your skier connected all weekend.

Amy :)