Re: (PM) Lost Carrier Statistics

Charles Scott (cscott@freeway.net)
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 16:05:33 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Dick St.Peters wrote:

> Our PM3s show _much_ lower lost-carrier percentages. I suspect this
> is mostly because we kept our analog service; people who have any
> problems holding connections to PM3s choose to use our analog
> numbers.

Your PM3's show _much_ lower lost-carrier percentages because they
don't report a "lost carrier" as a lost carrier! Lost? Try dialing into
your PM3 with an analog modem then just disconnect the line from the back
of the modem (one would think that's a lost carrier) and look at what shows
up in the logs.

Chuck