Re: (PM) SupraExpress 56i SP connect problems

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 08:49:42 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Ben Conner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several users who can't get higher than 28.8K connects with this
> modem. Is there anything I can invoke in a debugging mode that will tell
> me what the PM3 sees as the reason why a 56K connect isn't possible?
> Running CT1s with 3.7.2c2 w/ 56K modem cards.

If you are truly running 3.7.2c2, then I would go to 3.7.2c3. c2 was not
a general public release..

Besides that, is this the only K56Flex modem having problems connecting?
Make sure that their modems are all flashed to the latest code (should be
available on Supra's web site). Also, if possible try connecting from
that user's phone line with a known good modem (i.e. one that gets a
K56Flex connection to your PM3 usually) and see what happens.

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/