Re: (PM) Filter question

Josh Richards (jrichard@livingston.com)
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 00:20:19 -0800 (PST)

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, David A. Taylor wrote:

> I am trying to limit telnet into our net from the outside to two hosts
> only. . .I thought the following filter would do it, but it is not working.
> . .am I missing something here?
>
> 15 permit 0.0.0.0/0 xxx.xxx.xxx.x/32 tcp dst eq 23
> 16 permit 0.0.0.0/0 xxx.xxx.xxx.y/32 tcp dst eq 23

You'll need to include the entire filter. Filters are applied by
accepting the *first* rule that matches (makes no difference whether it is
a permit or a deny) -- anything after that is ignored.

----
Josh Richards - <jrichard@livingston.com> - [Beta Engineer]
LUCENT Technologies - Remote Access Business Unit
(formerly Livingston Enterprises, Inc.)
http://www.livingston.com/