(PM) Security bug

Brian Elfert (brian@citilink.com)
Sun, 1 Feb 1998 20:27:33 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, MegaZone wrote:

> Are you running 3.7.2R? 3.5 and earlier have a known WAN port driver
> problem (let alone the security hole in anything earlier than 3.7).

Every time you mention ComOS 3.5, you mention this security problem.

What exactly can someone do if they exploit this security hole? I don't
remember anyone on this list ever actually saying what the security
problem does.

There was a posting about a ComOS security problem to BUGTRAQ, but it
didn't say what could possibly happen if exploited.

Brian