Re: (PM) Users getting wrong IP Address (fwd)

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 22:27:47 -0800

At 21:39 -0800 11/30/97, MegaZone wrote:
>Once upon a time Kelley L. shaped the electrons to say...
>> This has no real bearing on this discussion, but the last time I changed
>>the pool size, increased it, the effect was immediate. I can't remember if
>>this was with 3.5c6 or 3.7.1, but it did take effect right after I issued
>>the command. It certainly did not take a reboot.
>
>Increasing is easy. Add a them into the pool. But once the pool is
>created, and especially in use and the order has been changed by logins,
>it isn't as simple to take them out of service.

I was quite impressed when I wanted to slide some PortMasters' pools "up"
two IP addresses...ComOS was able to do that on the fly, adding the new
addresses (easy) and ceasing to use the old addresses (harder...it either
walked the queue when it saw the change, or it validates addresses it
removes from the queue for use). [I was cowardly, and waited for a moment
when the two "retiring" addresses were not in use.]

--John

--
John Baxter (Born before ENIAC, but not by much.)
   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA