Re: (PM) Does Radius 2.01 have memory leak

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 11:22:09 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Douglas Semonche wrote:

> A while ago someone posted that Radius 2.01 had a memory leak (with a
> patch).
>
> I'm currently using a third party radius but want to change to
> livingston to get the Connect-info (speed) check item.
>
> Has the memory leak been fixed (if it did exist)?

It is being fixed in the next version of Radius. It occurs with multiple
DEFAULT entries in non-forking mode I believe.

> I like to run radiusd in non-forking mode - somewhere I got the idea
> that with a dbm users directory that was more efficient than forking,
> but if radusd keeps growing obviously I don't want to do that.

Why run it in non-forking mode? It runs great in normal mode.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.
- Gallup and Grants, New Mexico