Re: (PM) How to tell if you have 56K modems? (fwd)

Kelley Lingerfelt (pm2e@cococo.net)
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 02:05:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Nov 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Peter Chow shaped the electrons to say...
> >Is there a command I can issue to a PM3 (or SNMP) that tells
> >me whether the modem card installed will support 56K? Or is
>
> 'mdp card'
>
> Type 1 = V.34
> Type 2 = K56flex

Is this mdp command documented anywhere? mdp stats is really
interesting, except that it cuts off at M45, actually right in the middle
of the line. I have 3 10s and 2 8s, it shows M0 thru M9, M10 thru M19, M20
thru M29, then M30 thru M39, with M38 and M39 in DOWN E-WAIT state, and
then the next card, which is cut off at M45 right after the rxbaud column.
Geez, what is all that info, one modem is reporting VENUS under the
file column, the active modems report BUFIO, and the inactive ones report
PSM, with the exception of the VENUS one.

later
Kelley