Re: (PM) PM2ER30 lockup :-<

qcislands net SCO Unix/Win95 site (qcinet4@ccstores.com)
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 11:09:45 -0800 (PST)

>Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 18:58:09 -0600
>From: Jacob Suter <jsuter@intrastar.net>
>CC: portmaster-users@livingston.com
>Subject: Re: (PM) PM2ER30 lockup :-<

>> I just had a 3 month old 2ER30 lock up. It has 30 modems attached, and
>> altho they (the modems) would answer, they wouldn't talk to the PM. So I
>> went to the server attached to the PM, and it couldn't telnet into the PM
>> either!

>I'd bet it ran out of memory.. do a "show mem"

It's got the base 4Mb, but a show mem only shows 900K utilized with 3.1Mb
available. Of course that's after a reboot :-)

Can someone give me an idea how to tell if the PM is memory starved? I suppose
I would have to monitor it, and as usage increases keep doing a show mem to
see the relationship between an additional user and memory. This lockup
happened in the afternoon and then again around 8PM last night. it cleared
itself however.

I can simply popping in 4x4Mb for the 16Mb upgrade, but what a job if that
*isn't* the problem.

Any more ideas?