Re: (PM) Serial port card for PM3?

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:52:06 -0700 (MST)

I would like to see this too.. a high density (like the PM25) connector
and/or RJ45 connectors on a PM3 card would be a great idea IMHO. Then I
could still hang analog modems off it while we're moving to PM3's and
leave some analog modems for those users that just can't get connected to
the PM3 right or need soemthing like V.FC..

It could also be used to START off doing analog modem calls perhaps with
say 8*6 for 48 serial ports then upgrade to digital in the future.. I have
sites which simply can't do digital yet (costs too much, not even market,
just starting out there and don't want to put a ton of money in to start
off with).

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.