Re: (PM) 28.8 & 33.6 modem negotiation

Florian Lohoff (flo@mini.gt.owl.de)
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 15:42:49 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Stephen Fisher wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, Dan Stegman wrote:
> >
> > > Got a question for everyone on how well their 28.8K and 33.6K users are
> > > connecting to the PM3's with 56K modem cards. We have lot's of users who
> >
> > BAD ... I discovered it myself. Before i did the 56KFlex Upgrade i NEVER
> > had a failed connect. But at the moment i normally need 2-3 Trys to get
> > a connect. I use a noname V.34 Modem with Rockwell chipset ...
>
> Ours are working GREAT.. *very few* users even have to try more than once
> to get connected. This includes generic junk.

Over the days users are getting a bit more silent. Some have found
solutions by locking connect speed to 26.400 or something.

> Are you using E1's or PRI's? Are all of the settings right on them?
> (signaling, framing, encoding, pcm, etc).

Using PRI (ISDN-30) in Germany. Settings should be ok for this as
mentioned in the Livingston manual.

It sounds like some modems get confused by the PCM sound at the beginning
of the connection.

Flo

--
Florian Lohoff     mailto:flo@mini.gt.owl.de      Phone:+49-5241-470566