Re: (PM) Re: Ascend 50 to PM3

JB (info@newmodels.com)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 14:59:32 -0800

In order to connect to a PM3 which has a channelized T1 plugged into it,
with a isdn modem/router, your modem/router will need to support "DATA OVER
VOICE". Unless you plug a PRI into the PM3, which will accept normal ISDN
calls. Most ISDN modems/routers these days support "DATA OVER VOICE". I
know the Netopia routers work just fine in "DATA OVER VOICE" mode but I'm
not sure if the Pipline 50 supports it. Using "DATA OVER VOICE" will
connect the user at 56 KB per channel (you can connect at 2 b's) /vs 64 KB
per channel when using PRI's.

Try a differnent ISDN modem that support "DATA OVER VOICE" for testing...

Jorg B.
CWO