Re: (PM) pm2 comos 3.7.2 (fwd)

Russ Roush (rroush@inetw.net)
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 09:17:05 -0500

At 01:28 AM 11/21/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Once upon a time Gary shaped the electrons to say...
>>I have a PM2ER and a PM2E. They are both connected to a Microcom rack.
>>Yesterday I switched from ComOS 3.3.3 to 3.7.2. Today I'm having a bunch
>>of users complaining about mysterious disconnects after about 1-2 minutes.
>>Is there something new that 3.7.2 has that 3.3.3 doesn't as far as serial
>>ports go? All my settings seem to be intact (I checked idle time first).

I had this problem when I upgraded from 3.3.1 to 3.7.2. It seems that
3.3.x had idle timeout set only by minute, but with 3.7.x you can choose
either minutes or seconds. The weird thing was, some ports chose minutes,
some ports chose seconds. I would recommend checking your idle time outs.

InterNetworks
Serving the following Counties
North Florida:
Alachua, Bradford, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Gilchrist
and Levy Counties
Central Florida:
Lake, Orange, and Seminole Counties
South Florida:
Martin, Palm Beach, and St. Lucie Counties.

Russ Roush, President
352.378.1902
352.528.9345

http://www.inetw.net irc.inetw.net