Re: (PM) Double Login

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 22:03:09 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997, James D. Butt wrote:

> > Cistron-radiusd can do what you want in a reliable way
> > (OOB channel using SNMP to check).
>
> How long does this take (the auth process)?
>
> It seems to me that logging in would take a long time? (It is not really
> that fast when I use snmpget ect to grab info from the portmaster) I
> would assume that it looks at last login records and only checks that
> portmaster and that port?

As I understand it, the best method is to only do a check to make sure the
user is still logged in if it is in a users database on the server before
denying them access. Otherwise just let them in.

> What is OOB channel?

Out-Of-Band, meaning the checks aren't even done in the radius protocol.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.
- Gallup and Grants, New Mexico