Re: (PM) PRI & CT1 on same PM3 (fwd)

William Sommers (sommers@sfo.com)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:16:50 -0800

At 05:44 11/19/97 -0600, Tim Flavin wrote:

> Yes, from 2 different telco's, but you can do b8zs and ami on
> the same box, what I need is NI-2 and DMS-100 on the same box
> which you cannot do.

Actually, I've been mixing switch types on one chassis without a problem
since March -- one PRI comes from a DMS-100, the other from a 5ESS (both
are FX PRIs). The box is set for DMS-100. Just for grins, I also tested
setting it to 5ESS for a day or so -- no difficulties there either.

Neither LE nor PacBell ever did come up with a definitive explanation as to
why this is working.

William Sommers
San Francisco Online
Televolve, Inc.