Re: (PM) ComOS 3.7.2 and Reboots

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 08:48:13 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 18 Nov 1997, Jim Wells wrote:

> I too have been experiencing "ghost reboots".
> I too ran for long periods on 3.7.1 without such things.
> LE said our network was "too busy".
> I bought an Ethernet switch and now each PM3 is on its own segment.

A good idea anyway - reboots or not.

> Until today I thought it might be user-load related, but one of our 3
> PM3s rebooted in the middle of the night last night when probably no one
> was using it.

Ok.. they are tracking reboots in these cases too.

> I have had a ticket open for probably 3 weeks at LE. he feedback has
> helped me clean up my network, but it hasn't solved the problem.
>
> How do you get an issue escalated at LE?

Three weeks on reboots!? Call Livingston, refer to an ongoing case id
(ticket #) and they will transfer you to the engineer(s) working on it.
Talk to them and mention how severe your problems are. See if they have
any interm fixes. They probably can't fix it instantly but they can
continue tracking it with you and you can get an update on whats new.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.
- Gallup and Grants, New Mexico