Re: (PM) Diff betw T1-Span & Ethernet Cables?

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sat, 15 Nov 1997 22:19:35 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Jake Messinger wrote:

> Id put T1=4 R1=5 and T2=3 and R2=6 and use Non twisted flat
> cable, and things were fine. This was for 9.6 sync leased lines.

I've seen providers like Sprint use flat satin CAT2 wire for connecting
CSU's to T1 smartjacks...and have seen 2 pair satin (regular phone cable)
used for 10baseT ethernet over short runs. Both work. I wouldn't do
either if I had better options available.