Re: (PM) multi network ethernet...

Doug Ingraham (dpi@rapidnet.com)
Thu, 13 Nov 1997 09:03:51 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Robert Hanson wrote:

> has livingston made the ethernet interfaces on routers able to handle more
> than one network yet?
>
> ie on a cisco...
>
> conf t
> interface eth 0
> ip address x.y.z.0 255.255.255.0
> ip address x.y.z+1.0 255.255.255.0 secondary
>
> when will we see that? LE?

The example above looks like a special case that I believe the Livingstons
can do.

set ether0 netmask 255.255.254.0

should work for this specific case shouldn't it? It looks like you are
trying to supernet a pair of adjacent Class C addresses. As long as the
first is even and the second is odd this should work.

Doug Ingraham "Coffee should always be served a little too hot to drink
Rapid City, SD at first. It forces you to slow down and savor the
USA experience." Major Kira, Star Trek Deep Space Nine.