Re: (PM) Don't you just love Hayes.

Jeremy Malli (jeremy@vcn.com)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:22:50 -0700

I've had good luck with Acer 56k modems (firmware is correct out of the
box; connected 5/5 times @ 44000, never disconnected) and Motorola 56k
Voice Surfer and Modem Surfer modems (need to upgrade the flash, but it's
easy; connected 5/5 times @ 44000, never disconnected). Tried a Hayes
Accura 56k that was upgraded to the most recent beta 56k flash, but it
doesn't work very well (connected 5/5 times @ 44000, disconnected 3/5
times, when it did stay connected transfers were VERY sporadic. I actually
had better transfers with my 33.6 Courier). Am in the process testing and
compiling some stats for some other 56k modems. When I'm finished i'll
post the results to a web page along with the flash upgrades for the
modems; if anybody's interested...