(PM) Re: How set loghost

Mischa Peters (mischa@xs4all.nl)
Wed, 12 Nov 1997 12:37:30 +0100 (MET)

Edison Figueira Junior <edison@cepa.com.br> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>how set lohhost in my PM2/IRX114 at Linux.

I do not quite understand your question, but i think that what you want is
that your linux machine is the loghost for your pm2/irx.

You can set the loghost on the pm2/irx by typing:

set loghost <ip# of your linux machine>

If you have an out of the box version of linux then you probably have to
give syslogd an extra flag.

syslogd -r

man syslogd

-r This option will enable the facility to receive
message from the network using an internet domain
socket with the syslog service (see services(5)).
The default is to not receive any messages from the
network.

This option is introduced in version 1.3 of the
sysklogd package. Please note that the default
behavior is the opposite of how older versions
behave, so you might have to turn this on.

Good luck!

Mischa

--
XS4ALL Hardware Beheer / XS4ALL Hardware Maintenance