Re: (PM) ComOS 3.7.2 not quite there yet?! (fwd)

Doug McClure (dmcclure@infi.net)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 21:57:18 -0500

At 05:17 PM 11/11/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Once upon a time Doug McClure shaped the electrons to say...
>>I just went through 22 PM3's with ComOS 3.7.2/PRI's and found 8 modems in
>>DOWN state and 1 modem
>>in ADMIN state.
>>
>>Is there a 4th bug now?
>
>Jumping to conclusions is never a good idea. There isn't any known bug.
>And you should treat whatever you are seeing as unrelated until proven
>otherwise.

True. I thought others might like to know that there could still be issues
with the DOWN/ADMIN modems (even if the cause is related a 4th bug, the
"three" known bugs, or ?.) There are other open tickets related to this as
well, so we shouldn't quit monitoring our PM3's quite yet. If you see this
on your PM3's with 3.7.2 open a ticket with support ASAP. You might want
to let LE reset the modems so they can log in and collect any useful data
from the box as they are reset.

Doug