Re: (PM) Use SNMP to reset ports?

Rick Ernst (rbernst@snark.wizard.com)
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 12:20:03 -0800 (PST)

Michael's information work for me (I can disconnect users with
it). Any dangers in resetting in this manner vice pmcom, or
whatever?

Thanks,
Rick Ernst

-----------
>The monitoring is working fine, but is there an SNMP set/write I can use
>to reset a port? Right now, all I can do is log the multiple logins, or

>From MZ:
AFAIK at this time all of our SNMP is read only.

And,
From: "Michael J. Maravillo" <mmj@philonline.com.ph>

This one works for me (from a perl script):

$snmpset = "/usr/bin/snmpset -v 1 -q";
$pmreset = "$snmpset $NASIPADDRESS private 2.2.1.7.".($NASPORT+2)." i 2 > /dev/null";
system($pmreset);

2.2.1.7 is interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifAdminStatus from livingston.mib
and it's ACCESS is read-write.