Re: (PM) Random Rebooting PM-3

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:20:32 -0700 (MST)

[CC: support@livingston trimmed]

On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Luther D. Keal wrote:

> I've got two PM-3 fully loaded and just upgraded today to OS 3.7.2

Okay. My PM3 has been up for six days working fine with 3.7.2:)

> On one chasis only, I've been seeing random reboots. I've seen some of
> the discussions as to high collision rates causing these, but my
> collision rate averages 0.5 - 1.5% of packets passed.

Weird.

> The reboots seem to be at least once every day and have been going on
> now for some time - just on the one box.

Attach a console with a big scroll back to the console port and see what
it says right before it reboots. Give this to Livingston. Open up a
trouble ticket over the phone (they put a much higher priority on these
I've found compared to email:>) with Livingston as well.

> What should I tell my subsrcibers when they call?

That you're working on it :-) Which ComOS was the last to work fine? Is
it configured EXACTLY the same as the other PM3?

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.
- Gallup and Grants, New Mexico