Re: (PM) Reported Address and Help on ComOS 3.7

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 18:50:01 -0700 (MST)

On Sun, 9 Nov 1997, Beth Montes wrote:

> I'm configuring some used PM2e's. When I 'show global', they have a
> "Reported Address 1.1.1.1". I've never seen this parameter displayed
> before, and can't find where it's set or what it might be referring to.
> Anyone know?

set reported_ip 0.0.0.0 should clear it.

> Also, since upgrading this PM2e to 3.7, I've lost the ability to display
> help for async port configuration, as in 'help set s1' returns no useful
> info. It does stick **** in front of the usual hostname> prompt. Is
> that a "feature" of 3.7?

It isn't a feature, but is something that happens. The help system is
mostly taken out in 3.7.* for total re-working - it will be back in and
much better in 3.8.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.