Re: (PM) hunt group rollover when all modems are busy (fwd)

Derric Scott (dtscott@scott.net)
Sun, 9 Nov 1997 01:19:01 -0600 (CST)

Michael's description is pretty much exactly what I determined here (in the
US) and we're off a 5ESS. Could it be a programmable parameter in the
5ESS? Apparently (from both the telco and from Livingston Tech sup) the
PM3 returns: "Release complete, user busy - cause code of 17" in the
given situation. The Livingston caller I talked to indicated that there
wasn't really a "standard" code to return for the desired behavior and
then told me that they use the Cause Code 17. It would then seem to be up
to the switch to be able to "do the right thing" upon receipt of the Cause
Code 17.

I guess if you are fully populated with modems and if there is no
re-ocurrance of the ADMIN sort of bugs, then it will work ok...

Derric