Re: (PM) Dial up Problem

Stephen Fisher (lithium@cia-g.com)
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 15:49:55 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 7 Nov 1997, Marwan Helou wrote:

> Mark Milhollan wrote:
> > Your radius server is probably slow. Win95 hates that.
>
> I have 3000 users, and I'm not using raddb. Do you think this what makes
> the radius server slow?

raddb? you mean dbm? You should use dbm definately if your users file
has 3000 users. If they are all in your password file then your Unix
often times already puts them into a database format in which case your
only hope is to upgrade the speed of the server.

> By the way, do you know how the RADIUS server searches in the file for
> users. Is it sequentially?

The users file in radius, yes. If you mean the OS's password file it is
up to the OS.

- Steve
- Systems Manager
- Community Internet Access, Inc.