Re: (PM) Fractional PRI?

Christer Olsson (cox@clavicula.mednet.gu.se)
Tue, 4 Nov 1997 15:59:41 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 4 Nov 1997, Anthony Green wrote:

> > I was wondering if there is such a thing as a fractional PRI (a PRI
> > with less than 23B+D)? I ask because I have a PM3 with two 10 modem cards
> > and was thinking about adding a third, but I don't want to pay for 23
> > lines when I only need 7 (right now...I would want to add them as needed).
> >
> > Mike
> Hey,
>
> Dont know about the US, but in Australia we can order a PRI in multiples
> of 10. Hence 10, 20 and 30 and then an a total E1 making up the 60 lines =)
>
> Im sure you can do this in the US.

In Sweden, we can order PRI between 8 and 30 channels. The only
disadvantage is you never get a busy tone when the channels is filled.
Here, a voice-message says: Temporary error, try later....

(I bet that's for preventing frequent auto-redialing)

Adding more lines is done in 2-3 days for same cost/line as if you bought
a full 30 line PRI. So we can buy more lines when we need them and save
money.